Who We Are
WPIAS is an accounting firm that specialises in the provision of audit and assurance services throughout Queensland, Australia and overseas.
We embrace the Quality Assurance ideals endorsed by CPA Australia. All our independent audit and assurance service engagements are conducted in accordance with Australian Auditing Standards.
Our Mission Statement
To provide you, our client, with an appropriate level of assurance about your financial reporting and compliance requirements.
Maintaining integrity and ensuring objectivity are fundamental aspects of the auditing profession. In each professional engagement undertaken, WPIS remains impartial. We do not provide accounting, taxation or other business services, thereby enabling us to clearly focus on providing you with a truly independent opinion.
We provide a unique integrated approach to manage the audit process. Corporate audits are conducted in accordance with Australian Auditing Standards, relevant legislation and constitutional rules of incorporation. Audit timetables, outlining both statutory and internal deadlines, are discussed and agreed upon prior to the commencement of each engagement during our audit planning meetings. Our approach is based upon our assessment of audit risk and audit materiality levels. We provide a tailored Audit Service Plan document which sets out in detail our understanding of the arrangements for audit and what we require from management in order to achieve this.
We strongly believe that one of the key factors in the operation of an efficient audit process is mutual understanding of both your and our requirements. Empathy is critical to the communication process and in the reduction of any ‘expectation gap’. Ongoing communication is encouraged and regular constructive feedback is expected and also provided.
We have comprehensive experience in the following industries/businesses:
- Listed Public Companies
- Unlisted Public Companies (limited by shares or guarantee)
- Large Proprietary Companies
- Proprietary Companies Controlled by a Foreign Company
- Incorporated Associations (Levels 1 & 2)
- BSA Licences
- AFS / AC Licences
- Gaming Licences
- TCF / IATA Licences
- Shareholder Demands (s293)
Industries and Specialities:
- Building and Construction
- Charitable Institutions
- Clubs and Associations
- Financial Services
- Travel Agents
- Grant Acquittals
- Managed Investment Schemes
- Motor Vehicle Dealers
- Retail Shop Leases
- Sporting Organisations
- Aged Care
Established in August 1999, WPIAS Forensic & Consulting Pty Ltd provides a variety of business services including:
- Investigating Accountant’s Reports
- Strategy and business development
- Business planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Company Secretarial function
- Accounting & audit preparation services, including financial statement preparation
- Due diligence on corporate transactions
- Risk management
- Fraud minimisation
- Prospectus development
- Funding and finance facility compliance
- Business process and policy reviews
- Litigation support
- Government grant funding assistance